UX design is a growing field that combines user research, technology and design.
Estimates show that by 2050 there will be 100 million design jobs. And as of 2018, UX designers make 50% more than graphic designers.
As a graphic designer, you bring a lot of experience that can make your transition into UX design efficient.
In this video, we describe what to prepare as you make your career move.
Want to hear more on UX design? Leave a comment with a topic suggestion or question.
- UX is made up of multiple stakeholders and activities, and is dependent on a breadth of technologies [00:32]
- The amount of learning might be intimidating but you can manage your learning to make your process more efficient [02:48]
- You should be encouraged because your graphic design experience equips you with a lot of skills that are applicable and can even strengthen UX design [05:11]
- What you should prepare to make your transition including how to plan your UX design portfolio, resume and positioning [06:38]
- How to find UX design projects [08:30]
- What to study immediately and the frame to have as you embark on your journey [11:15]
#Links from the episode
- 5 Books to learn ux design thinking
- Apple Human Interface Guidelines
- Android Design Guidelines
- Jobs To Be Done